Mandate and Vision
The BIC was established by Nipissing University’s School of Business in the spring of 2009 as a centre for knowledge and support in the development of an expanding clean technology industry.
Our goal is a robust bioeconomy in northern Ontario. We work with organizations and individuals to:
- Identify biomass supply opportunities in the forestry and agricultural sectors.
- Support projects that transform biomass into fuels and high-value products.
- Develop market capacity and demand for bio-fuels and bio-refinery products.
Our services include education, technical marketing, advocacy and research that spans from the forest to the marketplace. We are focused on bridging the information gaps between knowledge and application and are dedicated to educating the industry as a whole.
Our mandate of Educate>Develop>Implement means we will:
- Develop biomass training materials and community seminars.
- Contribute to the development of effective policies and best practices.
- Encourage and support biomass-related projects through knowledge transfer.
Please contact us to learn more about what we do and how we can help you grow your biomass business.